Saturday, July 18, 2020

Even a SAFE relationship has risks

I started to ponder the (theoretical) pitfalls I may have subjected myself to by NOT having "something beyond her" as a target? As a standard. Even if it was simply to act as a gatekeeper for quality... put another way, since i never needed a female to be a good mother, a good wife, a good housekeeper, good cook, etc... I thought - "was i lowering my standards without even knowing it?"...  That is, i thought it would be easier to find a compatible female because i had so few needs of her. But was i actually INCREASING my chance of finding a WORSE person because my needs were so simple?


I ask myself, “would i have spent less time in dysfunctional relationships if women were an 'honorable' means to a greater end for me? Without sounding like a woman who doesn’t love the person for ‘who they are’, it begs the question, “is there a practical aspect to the person being right for the job?” instead of just an amicable person to spend time with?

No comments:

Post a Comment